My Valentine’s Day Baby Turns 3 Today!
My Valentine’s Day baby.
Three years ago today, Valentine’s Day, my husband and I welcomed baby #2 into our family.
Scout Weston breathed his first breath at 8:19 am at Mountain Midwifery in Englewood, Colorado.
My second child. My first natural birth experience.
I’ve learned a lot over the past 3 years about raising a boy.
1. It’s completely different than raising a girl.
2. Boys are innately like little monkeys.
3. If you can hold it in your hand – it should be thrown.
4. It’s okay to hit girls when your two. There isn’t anything wrong with this.
5. Why use a toilet when your underwear can absorb pee wonderfully?
6. That it’s okay to play with Barbies in the bathtub since Sissy left them in the tub.
7. That being able to wear pajamas 24/7 is the best wardrobe a little boy could have.
8. Wearing an apron and helping mom cook and bake is as fun as playing with Lincoln Logs.
9. Hugs and kisses from your little boy are like a natural, concentrated happy pill.
10. Rocking my almost 3 year old every night while he hangs onto my neck is one of the best feelings in the world.
My two children are my special treasures and I’m amazed how quickly time is going.
Scout, Mama loves you more than you know! Your spiky hair, your cute dimples, your bright blue eyes, your special way of saying ‘I miss you’ whenever you see me, your special hugs…I love ALL of you!
Happy Birthday, Bubba! You are my most favorite Valentine’s Day baby!
I hope you all enjoy your Valentine’s Day!